Consumers spend more time using the internet and less time with other channels, especially with the present generation getting completely digitalized. The same trend is applicable with advertisers while the ads are the real target to attract respective consumers
The marketing scenario has shifted towards the digital world. Hence a lot of demand for Digital Marketing Experts is clearly in the picture. If you want to start your career in Digital Marketing you must be wondering, where and how to start from?
The required stuff for starting the practice into digital marketing is a computer, an internet connection, and a small amount of money to spend for the results. You can learn digital marketing by applying the concepts in your mini-project.
Google Adwords certification along with a regular Marketing certification program is one of the aspects to become a Digital Marketing Expert. Besides, start practicing digital marketing to master it and you may start doing it on a very small scale.
Also, digital marketing has a different strategy compared to traditional marketing. Yet the perfect results occur with digital marketing when executed properly. There are several courses on digital marketing which are being offered as workshops, online courses.
Here are the things you can perform to become a self-made Digital Marketing Expert:
- Research about SEO and start writing SEO-optimized articles in your blog.
- Choose a topic you are interested in and start a blog about it. The costs may vary depending on the domain and hosting services per year.
- Install and explore Google Analytics to see if you are getting some traffic to your blog.
- Publish more articles on your blog and connect with people on social networks with an official account for your blog.
- Sign up with an Adwords account and do some keyword research to see what people are searching for in Google to find information on the topic you are blogging about.
- Embed social sharing buttons in your blog articles. You can do this using the WordPress plugin and it is free.
- Also, try MailChimp for promoting your blog or small business.
- Promote your blog via Adwords and signup for Google Adsense.
- Create email signup forms in your blog and collect subscribers. Email subscribers whenever you publish something in your blog.
3 important steps to become a Digital Marketing Expert
1. It’s a massive subject
You don’t find an ending in learning Digital marketing techniques. Different organizations or experts implement various online marketing strategies. So, just walk-through before entering into this field and you can learn a lot, as you go.
A digital marketing expert has a good understanding of the following:
- Search engine marketing (organic and paid)
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing and many more.
2. Know the importance
Setting goals is an obvious thing for any career including Digital Marketing. It paves the path to your success. But just know why do you want to become an online marketer? There might be several reasons for choosing, but make sure they can be achieved with proper guidance.
Maybe you already have a business and are in the process of becoming digital…or maybe you have a genuine interest in marketing. It might also be for financial, family, or individual reasons, you should have a deep understanding of why you chose this journey.
3. Track your success
In general, online marketers prove their success with data without involving any data. Also, as a digital marketer, you’ll need to learn how to track your client’s website and content with analytics.
As a digital marketing expert, you need to calculate the online traffic with the right tools. Measuring various SEO parameters to track online presence in terms of consumer numbers, revenue and other key numbers are important too.
There are several analytics tools available for other parts of your digital marketing strategy. Here is a list of few tools you can use to measure online traffic.
Search Engine Platforms — Search engine platforms track your content and how well it’s ranking. Most platforms track keywords, analyze links, and compare your content to other sites.
Google Analytics — A huge part of digital marketing is being seen on Google. With that in mind, Google Analytics is the #1 tool you’ll need. It analyzes your website’s traffic, such as your bounce rate and page visits.
Facebook Ads Reporting — Facebook ads track paid-per-click advertisements on Facebook and Instagram. Many online businesses use PPC advertising on these social media handles. It’s common to use PPC along with SEO, so it’s a good idea to become familiar with this tool.
Components of Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Paid Search (PPC)
- Social Media Marketing
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Web Analytics and Reporting
- Digital Display Marketing (Ad Ops)